Town of Smithtown Senior Citizens who are homeowners or renters, and 60 years of age or older are eligible for residential repair, that are tasks which do not required the skills of a licensed craftsman. This is not emergency service, but things that can be assessed and approved by the Senior Citizen department and then scheduled.
Examples of the types of jobs which can be done are:
· Replacing faucets or washers
· Rewiring lamps
· Replacing light switches
· Installation of grab bars, safety rails and hand rails
· Installation of shelves and curtain rods
· Caulking and weather stripping
· Installation of door locks, smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors
· Installation or removal of storm windows and screens
To apply for this program please call 631-360-7616 between 9am and 3pm Mon to Fri.